Saturday, June 30, 2012

Road Trip: LA & Vegas!

My bf and I decided to take a road to LA and Vegas for the heck of it. I haven't been forever and thought it would be nice to visit friends. My bf has never been to Vegas ever. Can you believe that? LOL. During my college days, I used to go during the weekends since my school was pretty close by. Those party days are definitely over and this trip was definitely more calm and less rowdy.

 I'm terrible at documenting vacation pics, but I did my best this time with my new ipad. 
 We were in LA for a day and stayed at a cute little boutique hotel in Beverly Hills called the Crescent. The staff was super nice, not pretentious and the rate per night was pretty decent too. Both of us got to meet up with our college friends. It's always nice to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while!
 Although I been to LA countless amount of times, I have never been up to the Hollywood sign. For some reason, this took us forever to find. We couldn't find any other roads that could lead us close to the sign. Does anyone know if its possible to get next to the Hollywood sign?
 Here are a few outfits pics from Vegas and LA.
Left: BR Outlet Shell (only $12) XXSP (similar)/ H&M Short 2(similar)/ AT Pumps Size 5
Middle: F21 Lace Dress Small (fits very small!)/ F21 Necklace (similar)/ AT Pumps Size 5
Right: Zara Blazer XS/ Loft Blouse XXSP (similar)/ H&M Shorts 2 (similar)/ Nine West Sandals (similar)
 When I was in Vegas, I got a chance to meet up with Michelle from The Petite Fitting Room! She is as nice as she seems on her blog. Also so genuine and super fun to hang out with!
We went shopping of course! LOL! We stopped by the outlet mall and also an H&M. At H&M (lower right corner pic) we both tried on the floral tank and gray pencil skirt, but decided to pass. The armholes for the floral tank was quite big and I didn't like how long the tank was either. The skirt fit of the skirt was fine, but I was bothered by one back pocket and the vertical seams. 
We met up later during the night for a couple of drinks in the Mirage (upper left pic). We also got a chance to play the slot machines and a few rounds of roulette. Roulette is my favorite because I don't know any other game. LOL!
I was craving some craw fish and decided to visit the Boiling Crab in Vegas. The food was very yummy, but if you are ever in the bay area you have to go try CrawDaddy. It's my personal preference, but CrawDaddy flavors their craw fish better and they also have better sausages too.  

I had such a great time in both LA and Vegas!! 
Have a great weekend everyone. :)

15 comments:

  1. Yay!! I loved seeing your other vacation photos! Great photo editing, too! :)

    The BR shell you got looks cute with the white shorts! I wore my BR outlet striped dress the next day when I was out with my mom. I almost wish I picked it up in other colors! Well, I am glad you suggested an outlet mall...I can see myself going their again specifically for the BR outlet!

    I am so glad that you guys made it out to Vegas! It was so much fun shopping and talking...and I am so happy that my husband got to hang out, too! :) He had nothing but nice things about you guys! :) I will be doing a blog post today or tomorrow with some more pics...will let you know when it is up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your vacation pictures, Ping. You and Michelle both look so lovely. I think you must be seeing the mirrored image of what i'm seeing, because all your description of the pictures have left and right reversed. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so cool that you guys met up! Looks like you girls had a great time. :D All your outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get REALLY close to the Hollywood sign, but you can't be all up in and on top of it like they do in commercials or movies! There is a hike that takes you to the top of that hill, and you can see the city behind the sign. It's pretty cool to be that close! Glad you enjoyed LA!!! KateJones.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Your outfits were really cute as well!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love reading travel posts (even though I am no good at doing them myself); this looks like SO MUCH FUN. You and Michelle make for quite a striking pair...I bet you two turned a few heads on the streets of Las Vegas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! You look cute in all of these! Looks like you both had a lot of fun. Makes me want to go on a road trip but my boyfriend and I don't have the time yet. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun trip. Love your outfits. Bet you dressed up Vegas well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like one of ur readers said, there's a trail you have to hike. but i like to kill 2 birds w/1 stone by going to the observatory.

    looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that dress from forever 21! totally going to order it now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics! I can't believe that was your bf's first visit to Vegas. Did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's awesome you guys got to meet up! You both look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, so great that you got to meet up with Michelle! The two of you look beautiful and it sounds like you had a wonderful time on vacay :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ping! It was good to see you guys and hang out for a little bit. Hope all is going well with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute pics!! You girls are always so stylish. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!