Monday, February 8, 2016

Casual Outfit: Nordstrom Petite Cargo Vest + Leith Body Con Dress

Hi ladies! I was super busy last week and didn't have time to post! I mentioned last time that my boyfriend was taking me on a surprise weekend trip. He ended up taking me to Monterey for a relaxing long weekend to celebrate my birthday. I didn't know where we were going so I decided to pack quite a few outfits. Better to be safe than sorry, right? I took a lot of fancy dresses and night out looks with me, but I should have taken this casual outfit with me. We took a long drive along Pebble Beach where we saw the beautiful Pacific coast line and some amazing mansions. We also had dinner at 1833 (a historic landmark building) where I tried squid ink pasta for the first time and it was so delicious. I always had the notion that it would be fishy smelling, but it didn't smell at all and it and was so tasty. We also spent the day on Cannery Road in Monterey eating, drinking and also exploring local boutiques. I'm a kid at heart and had to stop by the local arcade to play a few games, but I'm not very good at them and ended up not winning enough tickets for a prize. LOL!
I've been on the hunt for a cargo vest for a while and ended up getting this cotton twill military vest from Nordstrom since petite sizes were available. When I first received this in the mail I thought it looked really boxy, but the drawstring along the waist really helped cinch in the fabric and gave it a little more structure. I've never been a huge vest person, but have been loving them lately as they are a great piece to layer with and also add warmth to an outfit. I also considered this one from Macy's (size XXS was available), but thought it looked a tad long. I really like long sleeve dresses that I can wear boots with during the winter and also have been eyeing this Leith ruche long sleeve dress and went to try it in the store but it ended up being too big for me. The SA suggested that I try this body con one and to my surprise, it was such a snug fit compared to the other one. In case anyone is interested in either of these items, I thought I'd list approx measurements for you. The vest in XXSP: bust 35", shoulders 15" and length 24" (taken from center back). Dress in XS: sleeves 24", length 33", shoulders 14", bust 29" and hips 31".

Shop This Outfit:

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the outfit, especially the shoes! Definitely thinking about getting my own pair, haha! :)

    http://www.llindatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ping,

    I was at Target and notice some green cargo vest. I didn't get to try them off but the price wasn't bad.
    I linked them for you.

    http://www.target.com/p/women-s-lightweight-utility-vest-merona/-/A-50043721#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=green+vest

    http://www.target.com/p/women-s-cargo-vest-dark-green-mossimo/-/A-50148296

    I love reading your post! And I was at Pebble Beach this past October, it was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Dress For Petite Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog, thanks for sharing with us.
    AzuPetite is one of the best petite clothing stores in the USA. Our main goal in creating this website is to provide you stylish and classy petite jeans to make you more attractive among the crowd. Visit now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your jacket! It looks similar to blazer! Suitable for many occasions. great Ideas!
    Check my fanpage at: áo blazer nữ
    blazer nữ

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!