Believe it or not, I've been scouring the web and B&M stores for months looking for cute and affordable bikinis. I'm not sure if prices of bikinis have risen recently, but most popular retailers are carrying such high end pieces. I can't imagine paying $100 for a bikini top or bikini bottom, especially since it's not something I can wear on a daily basis. When I go to lower end stores like H&M, the design of their bikini are cute but the fit is less than desirable.
I'm very picky about fit since I'm very flat chested and can't wear tops that don't have much support or padding. When it comes to bikini bottoms, I feel that most full coverage bottoms tend to look like diapers on a petite frame like me. I like bottoms with less coverage and on the skimpier side because they are more proportionate friendly for someone my size.
The bikinis above are made by O'Neil. I purchased them via Zappos.com and Pacsun.com. Prices vary between both sites, so I'd recommend doing a little math before deciding which to purchase from with promotions and shipping fees in mind. Zappos offers free shipping + returns with any purchase while Pacsun charges $5 unless your order is $50 or more. The current promo with code MEM15 (ends 6/3): 15% off your order and free shipping with purchases $50+ from Pacsun.
- 1. O'Neill In Love Bandeau Top (via Pacsun or Zappos) XS- This top was very cute in person and I love the side boning and padding for extra support. Unfortunately I'm not keeping this as it ran very wide. I think this (in XS) would fit someone with bust measurement 32" or bigger.
- 2. O'Neill In Love Cinched Basic Bottom (via Pacsun or Zappos) XS - I am in love with this bottom! It's super adorable with cinching on the back and makes the butt appear very bubbly and uplifted. This sits low on the hips and coverage is on the cheekier side, but not in a skanky way. I am happily keeping!
- 3. O'Neill In Love Tie Side Bottom XS. - I love the side tides as they add a touch of sexiness and also are practical for self adjusting. This also sits low on the hips and with skimpy coverage on the back. I am also keeping this one.
- 4. O'Neill Solid V-Bandeau Top XS. I've been wanting a bright yellow bikini and this one fits the bill with support and padding. I haven't received this yet, but I think the fit will be similar to the bandeau so I'm most likely returning this.
- 5. O'Neill Solid Cinched Basic Bottom (via Pacsun or Zappos) XS. I haven't received this one, but I'm guessing the fit will be exactly like #2. I'm pretty sure I will be keeping!
Since I am keeping so many O'Neil bottoms, I decided to order some tops from Victoria's Secret since they have always fit me really well in the past (can't say the same for their bottoms). They are having a sale so most tops are pretty cheap and meet the criteria I'm looking for (padding, support and lots of pushup!). I haven't received any of the items below, but I'm pretty confident most would fit. My plan is to keep the best fitting 2-3 and return the rest.
- 6. Push Up Bandeau Top (color Sour Yellow) XS
- 7. Fabulous Push Up Triangle Top (color Cantaloupe Craze) 32A
- 8. Push Up Halter (color Cabana Green) XS
- 9. Beach Sexy Braided-strap Push-Up Bandeau (color Cabana Green) 32A
- 10. Forever Sexy BioFit Top (color Fire Coral) 32A
If there are any other brands that you think I should try out (meeting my criteria of fit and price), please do let me know!!