Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Red Lipstick Story

When I was younger, my mom used to wear no makeup and JUST red lipstick. I thought it was absolutely the most jarring thing ever and said to myself "I'm never ever going to wear red lipstick." As I got older, I told my mom about my feelings regarding her red lipstick and she stopped wearing it eventually. What I didn't realize was that she never lined her lips and the red color would bleed all over her lips and it looked so messy and awful. I feel bad for saying this, but I seriously never wore red lipstick until now because of my mom.
I've seen red lipstick look so pretty on other girls, but I was always fearful so I've stayed away for many years. I have tried a number of red lipsticks, but never bought them because I thought the color was too dramatic and overwhelming for my pale skin. Well this week, after a couple of drinks at happy hour, I decided to go to the makeup counter and try on red lipstick. I thought I'd be a little more open minded with some alcohol running through my veins. Well I shocked myself and actually found a red lipstick I can stand wearing! LOL!

10 comments:

  1. I like the bold red lips on you! Keep on wearing it.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jessy! i think i def will wear it more often now. :)

      Delete
  2. The color looks beautiful on you! I'm a big fan of red lips with dark hair. I pretty much stayed away from red for the same reasons as you - the color just seems so frighteningly bold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's growing on me and i like it more. i think the bright color helps brighten the face. I'm glad i got over the fear of red lipstick. lol

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful with red lips!! Brings out the gorgeous details of your face. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    red lips are the best! Looks great on you! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this red lipstick suits your skin color perfectly! i've never had any luck with red lipstick but i'll have to check this shade out!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!