I used to carry so many things in my purse, but over the years I have edited down to essential items that I can fit into my LV Pochette. Even though it seems like a little clutch, I can fit all these items shown below plus my keys and money! I hate when my bf asks me to put his phone in my pochette because it can only accommodate my items! Anyway...what's great about the pochette is that it acts like a wallet and I can throw it into one of my regular size purses without having to reorganize and empty out the bag. But most of the time, I use my pochette like a purse!
1. Louis Vuitton Pochette (vintage version) - The dimensions are approx 9x5x1.5" and it comes with a detachable strap that can be used for the wrist or shoulder. I bought this a few years ago for $300ish and now the price has gone up to $500. I also considered purchasing the longer strap so I can use my pochette like a cross body, but never took the plunge because the straps alone are $250. Ekk!
2. Laura Mercier Brush (similar) - I love how this brush is so flat, compact and comes with a clear carrying case. I use this brush instead of a sponge because I can wash it. I feel like sponges are bacteria collectors (I guess you can wash it too), but brushes just feel nicer on the skin generally. Too bad they don't make this brush anymore...
3. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact - This is more like a foundation powder, but I use it for touch ups and also to eliminate shine on the nose. It has a super light weight feel and a very nice medium coverage.
4. My Iphone - I haven't put a case on my iphone because I want to keep it small and compact. LoL! I dropped it so many times and the screen hasn't cracked. I hope I didn't just curse myself by saying that!
5. Credit Card Holder (cute one from Kate Spade) - I love this vs. an actual wallet because it's so slim and actually organizes all my cards.
6. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil - I carry this in case my eye liner wears off throughout the day and I need a touch up. It's also great for the waterline!
7. Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up Concealer - Although my skin is normally on the oilier side, my under eye area is more dry. I love that this concealer is super hydrating and doesn't crease. I also use it on other parts of my face.
8. Bobbi Brown Brightening Gloss in pink - The color is so pretty and natural and just gives the lip a hint of color. It's a no fuss type of gloss and you can wear it without having to retouch or worry about it bleeding all over the place.
Readers - what are your purse essentials and things you can't live without?