Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting Rid of Wrinkles Around the Eyes

Remember this post when my aunt told me that I had wrinkles around my eyes?! Well ever since then, I been on a crazy hunt to find a eye cream that works. I actually saw her last week and she made a comment about how my wrinkles have faded and that my skin doesn't look so dry anymore. I was shocked & almost fell over! A compliment (kinda) finally! Haha!

I told her that I've been using Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift for a couple of months. She wanted to know if they eye cream would work for her wrinkles too and I said no because you have really deep lines and I had fine lines. Haha! I was totally being sarcastic.

(here is an unedited close up photo)

I was amazed on how quickly I saw results. I'm about 2 months into using the product and I'm half way done with the bottle and I see my wrinkles disappearing already. The texture is pretty light and moisturizes really well too. I am definitely sold and will be trying more Perricone products.

And if you're curious about the product, please go to Sephora and get a sample first (esp if you have sensitive skin). I read the reviews on Sephora and it looks like people either really love it or hate it. I think there's a ingredient that is very active and seems like people with sensitive skin are getting reactions to it.

I have tried many eye creams in the past and this Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift gives results that surpasses any other I have tried.

Here is a list of eye cream that I have tried in the past and did NOTHING for the wrinkles:


La Mer Eye Concentrate - For $165 this eye cream did nothing and did not moisturize well either. I know a lot of people love La Mer, but for me it didn't really do much and felt like it dried out my skin. I have used the face cream too and have found it a bit heavy especially for the day time.

Chanel Precision Ultra Correction Line Repair Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream - this was cheaper than La Mer, but it didn't work either. I did like the texture and it did moisturize well though.

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - For $45, I thought this was a good primer but not for getting get of wrinkles for sure


Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Balm. Very thick and heavy and not recommended for under makeup. I felt like it sat on top of my skin and didn't sink it. I ended up using it as a lip balm and that worked well.
La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream -- the price of this thing is ridiculous-- $295! I used this a long time ago, but I don't remember it doing a darn thing.

15 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad you had some kind words from her!! :) Your eyes look great! I will definitely get a sample of the Perricone!

    My mother-in-law got me the Clarisonic Opal system back in June. Now that the school year has started, I notice my eyes appear more hydrated than last year. I use the Clarisonic anti-aging sea formula plus I top it with Clinique's "All About Eyes" rich formula. Vegas is sooo dry, plus I have dark under eyes...oh, and sensitive eyes! Such a horrible combination. I need to move to Maui. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'd love to try it. BTW, you do not look like you have wrinkles at all. ANYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you try petroleum jelly before spending all that money on different creams? Dermatologists themselves will tell you that all expensive creams are simply derivations of good 'ole petroleum jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I just might go out and get a sample, thanks for the review Ping! And yeah, I don't imagine you had too many wrinkles to get rid of anyway, maybe you were just dehydrated when you saw your aunt last? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thanks so much for the recommendation! i am definitely going to get a sample of this stuff this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hardly a wrinkle! but gotta keep yourself look'n fresh for yo man. future MILF power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Oh, your cynical aunt. I'm glad you finally found a winner. Did you go back to Sephora to get those things you returned?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL about your sarcastic comment! Yay for finding something that works! I have a rather round face and I've been told that "fat doesn't crack" LOL - so far so good (except my forehead!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recommendation. I've tried a number of eye creams but none of them seem to really do anything except hydrate the eye area. I'd like to start using anti-aging eye creams soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know what to do to get rid of bags under eyes... ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though having eye wrinkles is just but natural as a person ages, you can minimize the appearances of fine lines around the delicate eye area and keep yourself looking young and beautiful through these simple tips. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh!! What a bad luck that I saw this review after I made an appointment at Skin Vitality (http://www.skinvitality.ca) to get rid of my wrinkles.
    Honestly, I've tried so many skin tightening creams, but without any kind of success, so I said that I must do something else if this problem bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I personally got rid of this problem by following a specialized wrinkle treatment in Toronto by a doctor named Jerome Edelstein. I think that he used Dermaroller, which is really good in my opinion. My face is free of wrinkles and not because I used Botox.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am truly delighted to read this post regarding wrinkles,which contains plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data. Great article, exactly what I needed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!