Saturday, December 26, 2015

American Rag Faux-Shearling Cardigan (Petite Friendly + Currently On Sale)

My boyfriend and I spent a quiet Christmas Eve with dinner at Chaya Brasserie. It's one of my favorite restaurants and this place never disappoints. The service is excellent, the food is always tasty and the ambiance is not too stuffy for a nice restaurant. Christmas day is pretty casual with my family and we're super untraditional. Most people wake up early in the morning to open gifts, but we normally don't get together until five or six in the evening, have dinner and exchange gifts. This year my aunt and uncle served a variety of Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine including egg rolls, curry noodle soup, chow fun, wasabi chicken, my cousins made thai ice tea and sangria and I "baked" a pie (frozen from Safeway!). I brought the Claim Jumper Raspberry pie for Thanksgiving this year and it was such a hit, they wanted it again for Christmas. I love (like so love!) this pie myself and have made two between Thanksgiving and now for me and my bf (more like for me, lol). I have such a sweet tooth, I can eat that pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I received the cardigan a couple of days ago and just couldn't wait to wear it! Even though it's called a cardigan, I would consider it a jacket since it the weight is pretty nice and heavy. It's so soft and cozy since it's partially lined with faux fur. I really like the American Rag brand from Macy's since a lot of their items come in size XXS and it has fit me really well in the past and this one is no exception either. The back is pretty narrow, the length is not too long and the sleeves and overall body are pretty fitted. The neutral color will be versatile enough to go well with any outfit and I can see myself reaching for this all the time. I bought this cardigan for full price (yes, I liked it that much!) since I knew it would fit and have been looking for a shearling jacket for the longest time. Luckily I was able to get a price adjustment when it went on sale. I just couldn't be happier with my purchase. 

Measurements: length: 21" (taken from center back), sleeves: 24", shoulder to shoulder: 13" across
Material Content: faux suede, polyester and acrylic
American Rag Cardigan. Size XXS | Articles of Society Sarah Jeans (in blue moon). Size 24 | Forever 21 Plaid Shirt. Size S | BP Trolley Bootie. Size 5 | Stitch Fix Studded Tote. (similar)

Shop This Outfit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!