Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How To Get Rid Of Brassy Hair

My hair was getting super brassy! I hated it! I did a little research and decided to tone my own hair instead of going to the salon which will cost me a fortune. I had these ugly orange ends and discovered that I need a blue/purple toner to neutralize that color.

What I used:
2 parts: Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer 20 Volume
1 part: Wella Charm Color Toner #15 (Silver Lady)
The direction said you can leave it in your hair for up to 30mins, but I only did 10mins because I was scared it was going to turn my hair grey. Of course it didn't and took out the orange/brassiness out of my hair. I'm going to leave in longer next time for an even an ashier look.
Yay!


(Picture in the shade)


(Picture in direct sunlight)

7 comments:

  1. Very impressive Ping! I've never been brave enough to color my own hair........and your's looks so pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Ping, I have the same problem. Gotta try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good! My stylist also recommends using a violet shampoo to help tone brassiness. I use KMS Violet shampoo and it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad it worked for you!!

    I love the way you parted your hair! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for an experiment that worked out well! I always get so paranoid when it comes to hair (I literally killed it several times when I was younger with Sun-In / home perms / etc.) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is seriously a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You did a great job =)!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!