Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ralph Lauren Janessa Two Tone Riding Boots + Sandals

Over the last fall and winter, I have tried on numerous riding boots and have had no had success. I ordered these R.L. Janessa Riding Boots because I loved the two tone color, plus they were also on sale! Spring is also a great time to buy boots at discounted prices (if you don't mind waiting) because retailers are trying to get rid of their old fall/winter stock. I have lots of dressy boots and wanted a pair of casual boots that I'd wear with weekend or errand-running outfits and thought these would fit the bill.

The biggest issue I have with most boots is the calf circumference running too big (and I'm sure a lot of ladies have this issue as well). I remember wearing my Stuart Weitzman 'Spectacle' Boots  while shopping one weekend and this random lady chased me down and said "Excuse me, but where are those boots from because they fit your calves so well and I can never find boots that fit!"

I knew the calf circumference would run big on these boots so I decided to order 1/2 size smaller than my normal size, hoping the calf area would be smaller as well. Not sure if that is logical or not? 
I got a size 5 (normally wear 5.5) and the foot area actually fit just fine, but the calf area was a tad big. When paired with jeans, I think it's hard to tell that the calves don't fit. When wearing them with bare legs, its very obvious they are too big. I went back and forth, but finally decided that if I were to keep these boots I could only wear them with jeans and didn't want to be restricted to just that. Another thing that bothered me was the quality of the leather. Even though these boots were on sale, it wasn't extremely cheap to warrant such low quality leather. I really love the style of these boots (esp the 2 tone) and thought about it for a couple of days before returning them.

Circumference of the calf area measures 14".

If anyone has similar boots that fit them well in the calves, please let me know!
On to another hunt -- versatile sandals!
I found these wedges via Piperlime and am pondering which one to get. All are very affordable!

Nine West Reelymind in Natural

Please help me out and let me know which one are your favorites.

24 comments:

  1. I like your style!:)
    ***
    http://annrobie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad those are too wide. I was totally going to recommend Stuart Weitzman's, so I'm glad to hear that you have found them!! I would also recommend La Canadienne! Good luck!! katejones.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the Nine West sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made the right choice - those boots didn't look quite right due to the excess width in the calf. I LOVE the BCBG wedge sandals you posted! Very chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the Steve Maddens.

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for BCBGeneration. The straps in the front make them so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your jacket! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im a male who wears womens long riding style boots in public,
    love to get comments from women asking where I got them from.
    I love your two tone boots..x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!