Sunday, January 10, 2016

Twirl in Anthropologie Petite Shimmer Spot Skirt

Happy Sunday! I thought this month was going to be a casual chill month, but then realized I have a few events coming up that I have to look nice for. My best friend is getting married and I'm planning her bridal shower. I've known her since second grade, it's kind of crazy how long we have know each other and have stayed in touch after all these years. We're doing an afternoon tea at the Palace Hotel - I've never been there, but the venue looks gorgeous and I've always heard amazing things about it. My birthday is almost coming up which means I'm getting older and more grey hairs are popping up (sad face). If you look closely at my recent pictures, you can see a few pop up here and there. I haven't gotten to the point where I have to dye it, but I can see that happening in the near future! Then, there's also Valentine's day which is just around the corner. I can't remember if me and my boyfriend celebrate it, but I thought it would be nice to have something ready. LoL! I know, we are that romantic!
My boyfriend was really generous and got me a gift card to Anthropologie so I could splurge and get whatever I wanted. I normally wouldn't buy their stuff at full price since my budget doesn't allow for it. I picked up this shimmer spot skirt and thought it would be the perfect piece to kill 3 birds (3 events coming up) with one stone. I really like the gold circle appliqué on the skirt which gives it dimension and a whimsical factor. It was so fun to take pictures in this skirt since there's a lot of volume to swish and twirl in it. I probably looked like a looney to passersby, but I just couldn't help myself and had to be a little silly in such a cute skirt! The sad part is that I ended up returning this since the waist was really big on me. I had the waist pinched back with a clip to show how the skirt is supposed to fit. I just couldn't justify keeping it at full price and also added alteration fees. The tulle fabric, which is the top layer, is really delicate and I just don't have patient hands to gently take it apart. I can see myself totally messing up and ruining this so I would definitely have someone else take in the waist for me. Measurements for 00P: waist 25.75" and length is 25".
Anthropologie Shimmer Spot Skirt. 00P (currently on sale for under $100!) | Ann Taylor Top  (Similar here + here) + Pumps (Similar) | Banana Republic Necklace. Similar | LV Speedy (pre-owned)

Shop This Outfit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!