Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Flowy Vs. Boxy and Ann Taylor 60% Sale Items!

Flowy or oversized tops are one of my favorite things to wear currently, but there's a difference between flowy and boxy. When a top is oversized, I prefer the fabric to have a nice drape so it falls freely and moves with the body. Boxy tops tend to be made of a stiffer fabric and just kind of hang there like a rectangle. They are better for inverted bodies who do need more structure on top to balance out a bigger bottom. My shoulders are broad compared to the rest of my body, so therefore boxy tops don't really work for me.
Stitch Fix - Davenport Blouse. (Kept) XS | J Brand Super Skinny Coated Jeans (shortened). Size 24 | Vince Camuto Bootie. Similar. | F21 Necklace | Botkier Bag. Similar | M.A.C Hang-up Lipstick   

Shop This Look

I love the edgier style, unique print and how flowy this top is. It skims the body nicely and doesn't cling onto any lumps and bumps. The longer length covers the bum and makes it great to pair with leggings and boots. The fit is oversized and has large armholes. I'm wearing a regular bra and was surprised that it's not showing through. I was all ready to layer a bandeau underneath this top! There is also a keyhole in back with a button closure to make it easy to get in and out of. I also like the black contrasting trimming on the neckline and hem and allows for the print and cobalt color to really pop.
Stitch Fix Elissa Moto Jacket. XS. (returned). This jacket is made of a medium weight french terry fabric and is fully lined with a soft cotton fabric. I like the stripes and moto style of this jacket, but the hem hits at the widest part of my hips which is not the most flattering for my body. I prefer my jackets to either be longer or cropped and not this in between length. I don't think this jacket is meant to be fitted so I don't think it's too loose at all. The sleeves are also a tad too long for me and although the boxy silhouette of this jacket doesn't work for my body shape, I think it would look nice on someone taller and with narrower shoulders.

On another note, Ann Taylor is having 60% off their sale items! For ladies who are in need of a suit, this is a great time to buy with the deep discount to counter the money needed for tailoring. Below are my picks with small sizes available!

3 comments:

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!