Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: Old Navy Pixie Ankle Pants

I know a couple of you were curious about the fit of these Old Navy Pixie Pants, so here's a quick review for you ladies. What initially attracted me to these pants were the fun prints and variety of colors they come in. Any pants with the word ankle makes me automatically want to try them out because I have short legs and ankle pants always fit like full length pants on me. #petitegirlproblems 

*Side note - omg my hair is so long from the back view! My layers in the front are so much shorter so I never to really see how long my hair is. I feel like in no time, it's going to reach butt length. Ahhh! Need to cut asap!
I returned these pants and totally forgot to take measurements (I'm a terrible blogger!). For reference I normally wear a 24" for jeans or 00P for dress pants. The inseam of these pants are approx 25.5" and there is no waist gap. The fabric is like a ponte and there's a good amount of stretch in these pants. Personally, I think these pants fit okay on me. They aren't terrible, but they're not that great on me either. There's a lot of bunching in the (front) knee area and there's also some drag lines below the butt (meaning it's a tad tight). In the back of the knee, you can see the fabric tucking under and I asked my fitting teacher why this happens. She said it's because I have fat deposits on the sides of my knees. I'm honestly kind of indifferent about fit and color so the right thing to do was to return them since I promised myself to not keep anything I don't love. My original pick was the b&w houndstooth print, but it was sold out. ON restocked and it's currently available again in the print I want! The little devil on my left shoulders says to order them and is trying to convince me that it might fit better in print. LOL! 
ON Pixie Ankle Pants. 0P | F21 Pink Chiffon Blouse. S. Sleeves altered | Tory Burch Wedges. Similar | LV Palermo PM | Orange Bib Necklace. Similar

These TB wedges (above) reminds me of how much I love her designs! She makes the cutest shoes (esp wedges) and I really like her logo not for the brand recognition, but think it's a really creatively designed insignia. Here's some eye candy for you ladies from TB's new arrivals!

22 comments:

  1. Thx for posting this review! I love how you reviewed the sizing with some of your tailoring experience mixed into it. I didn't realize drag lines under the bum meant tight fit nor the tucks in the knees. What would make these pants fit better then in your tailoring experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drag lines can mean a few things actually! Not always tightness. The issue under the bum isn't a huge deal to me so I probably wouldn't waste my time fixing it. For the knees, I need more width in the (back) inner knee area and the length to be take out. It's not something you can easily do unfortunately. It would require a pattern change.

      Delete
  2. Agree with the commenter above,interesting to hear about the drag lines and knees! Too bad these didn't work out, red is such a great color for pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm tempted to try other colors to see how they fit!

      Delete
  3. Don't wanna be the one that pushes you over the edge, but I may have read a review on their site for these that said the fit is different for some of the color choices. Maybe different fabrics are used or something. Anyway, thank you for reviewing these. I tried on the regular sizing in store, and my opinion was that it ran a little small for ON, which is great for us petites. Maybe ON is updating their size charts because it seems like a lot of their stuff is running a little smaller these days. I forget what color I tried on, but the fabric was not like ponte at all, more like twill. And scratchy at that, which is one of the reasons I debated so long about ordering a petite version. I, too, finally cracked and it is in the mail now. Honestly, I don't think the knee wrinkles have to do with knee fat. I think that these types of issues are usually an issue with the pattern design and fabric. Possibly the weight of the fabric combined with the stretchiness and then the way they cut it. Similarly, the drag lines I think may not necessarily be due to tightness. Could be due to bagginess, or the same factors listed above. In any case, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's picky about things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I check and they are sold out again. You are so right about the draglines and doesn't always means tightness! The back knee area is tight, but the length could be take out to help to avoid the tucking of the fabric.

      Delete
  4. Great mix of colors! I would never think to put red and pink together but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not that picky about pants. i think they fit fine. but now you've piqued my interest abt these pants. i like blk grid but not avail in 0p.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!