Sunday, December 6, 2015

Old Favorites

I normally bust out my J. Crew Lady Day coat for the winter season, but the weather has been so chilly lately that it I broke it out earlier than expected. My boyfriend went home to Missouri for Thanksgiving and he said the weather was much warmer compared to SF (which is rare!). I normally don't get sick and haven't in years, but it's so cold that I had the flu for two weeks recently. It wasn't too bad since I didn't have to see anyone with my constant sneezing and sniffling!
I have the version lined with thinsulate and it's the right amount of warmth for 50 degree weather. I love the classic cut of this coat which makes it really versatile to dress up for work with dresses, skirts or trouser pants or worn casually with jeans on the weekends. I'm wearing a 00P and the size is perfect with a sweater underneath. The sleeve length is a tad short, but not enough that it's noticeable. J. Crew came out with a size 000P and I'm curious if anyone has tried it and how much smaller it fits. There's also an array of fun colors I'm loving! A lot of retailers make most of their coats in neutrals and it's unexpected to see an array of brighter and darker options. Current promo: 25% off $100+ or 30% off $150+ with code GIVEMORE. If you're interested in getting the coat, with the discount, the price comes out to be around $255 (before tax).
BP. Trolley Ankle Bootie. I've had these booties for a few years and they've always been my go to. I probably wear these at least a couple of times a week. The cost is under $100, but for shoes that are so comfortable and versatile, it's definitely worth every penny. I usually wear a size 5.5, but I purchased the size 5 and they are still pretty roomy for me. Maybe it's because I have the older version and the newer colors run smaller, but the site does advise to order a 1/2 size up. If I didn't have a budget, I'd definitely get these in the grey and black color as well. 
J. Crew Coat. 00P | Stitch Fix Aleia Sweater. XS. Similar | Levi Jeans. Similar | BP Trolley Bootie | LV Speedy (pre-owned) | H&M Mustard Scarf. Similar (on sale!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!