Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cozy in BP Sweater Dress + Colorblock Blanket Scarf

I recently purged 5 bags of clothes, hand bags and accessories from my closet. I had so much stuff I wasn't wearing and I needed to make more room for new stuff. My friend went through some of the bags and she said, "Ping, you're throwing away all these scarves?!? " I must admit, I love buying scarves since they're a cheap accessory to make an outfit pop, plus they keep me warm. I guess I have an addiction. I haven't bought much lately, but since I threw so many away, I'll definitely welcome more into my life. BTW, have you noticed my nails are painted? I had it done for a holiday party and I'm so not used to it at all. I haven't had my nails painted in years because the layer of paint makes my feel like my nails are suffocating. I know...it's weird!
I am loving this new sweater dress for the holidays and cooler weather! The color is vibrant (this is the most color I like to wear LOL) and the fabric is so soft and cozy. I can see this sweater dress styled so many ways! It would look super cute worn with leggings and a long boyfriend cardigan or with over-the-knee boots and a coat for a cozier outfit. The sweater dress has an easy and relaxed fit and I like that the fabric doesn't cling to my body. The sleeves are just a tad long, but not enough to where I have to cuff them. I'm wearing a size XS and I'd say it runs pretty true to size, but if you'd like a closer fit to the body definitely try sizing down a size. Also, how cute is this blanket scarf?!? I don't have one so I'm pretty excited to incorporate this into my wardrobe and pairing it with other items. 
BP Sweater Dress. XS | BP Colorblock Blanket Scarf | Blank NYC Jacket. XS | Stitch Fix Elle Clutch (similar) + Anne Necklace (similar) | Halogen Booties. Similar (pricey but cute!)  


Shop This Outfit:
I was browsing the Nordstrom sale section and found some pretty cute items worth checking out:
Jackets/ Coats: Kut from the Kloth Drape Faux Leather Jacket (I tried this and thought this was super cute! Great for longer arms though and it's under $60), T Tahari Wrap Coat ("The Olivia Pope Coat" + lots of color available), DKNY Faux Fur Trim Anorak Jacket (Comes in petite sizes. Looks super cozy and with great reviews), Guess Double Breasted Boucle Jacket (The blush color is so dreamy! Too bad the XSP is sold out), Thread & Supply Puffer Vest (only $35)
Dresses/Tops: Lush Jacquard Skate dress (under $30), Off the Shoulder Floral Dress (I'm tempted to get this), Eliza J Fit + Flare Sweater Dress (comes in petite), Plaid Tunic Shirt Dress, Vince Camuto Metallic Jacquard Dress (great for NYE), 1.State Peplum Lace Tank (NYE), Embellished V-neck Tank (NYE)
Shoes: Vince Camuto 'Kolton' Boot (under $150), Vince Camuto Peep Toe Bootie, Ivanka Trump Pumps (great reviews + lots of color options)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!