Sunday, December 27, 2015

Layering with BB Dakota Plaid Shirt Dress

I got so comfortable taking pictures in my living room for a long time and now taking pictures outside in public is definitely a big change. I was taking a lot of my pictures outside of my apartment and this couple walked by and was about to go into their house and they stopped and just watched (literally for 5 mins). I stared back and smiled at them to let them know that I noticed them staring and she walked over to me. I said, "Hi, can I help you with anything?" She asks me, "What's so special about this street? I see people taking pictures here all the time." I was so mortified because nobody takes pictures on our street besides me. I responded to her, "There's nothing special about this street, I just take pictures here because I live in this apartment and all those people you are referring to are probably just me".  The situation was all awkward! So now, I'm trying to diversify my photo shoot locations so I don't run into the same people who think I'm cray.
Approximate measurements for the BB Dakota dress in a size XS: sleeve length: 23", shoulder width: 14", length (taken from center back): 32", bust: 35",  hips: 40" 

Nordstrom is having their half yearly sale and I've been on the market for over-the-knee boots so I might pick up the Calvin Klein Over the Knee boots (has narrow calf circumference). I have the STS olive skinny ankle pants and they are currently on sale for $28 and I paid full price awhile ago so I don't think I can get a price adjustment (ugh!!). I bought the size 00 and the ankle length fits me like full length pants. I also have the Socialite burgundy lace shift dress in XS (on sale for $28) which fits like a 00 and the length is pretty short and great for petites (wouldn't recommend for anyone taller than 5'2). The Topshop leopard body-con dress that I reviewed is also on sale! 
Here are a few more items that peaked my interest: Lush fit and flare lace dress ($28), Lucy Paris lace sheath dress (reviews say it runs super small and I love the scallop edges), Treasure & Bond plaid tunic (comes in XXS) and Trouve drape top.
BB Dakota Plaid Shirt Dress - (currently 50% off!). Buy here or here too. Size XS. | Fate Suede Jacket. Size XS. Similar | Stuart Weitzman Boots. Similar | Black sweater.  Similar | Botkier Bag. Similar

Shop This Outfit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!