Thursday, March 14, 2013

DIYS: Practicing & Sharing

Hi Everyone! First off, I just wanted to thank you to everyone who have been so supportive of my recent DIY efforts. I appreciate all the comments and feedback on my previous posts. It really means a lot to me! 
A few of you have asked me to make and sell my chevron maxi and at this point I'm just not comfortable yet in making clothes for other people. I am currently practicing on my friends & family to improve my sewing skills.  Hopefully at some point  I will feel more comfortable with sharing my DIYs with fellow readers. When that time comes I will definitely let you know and I hope to have your support as well. :)


And here's 2 more DIYs I can add to the list!
The chevron dress was a b-day gift to my bff. When she saw my chevron maxi dress, she expressed to me how much she loved it and wanted one for herself (and specified in a short version). Initially, I told her that I'm not making that dress again because it's such a pain in the butt to line up all the stripes. But since her bday was coming up, I told her I will make an exception. LoL

The original inspiration was from this BR Dress.
This dress was requested by my auntie. She really liked my blue lace dress and wanted one that was less "sexy". I said no problem! Instead of doing a nude lining, I opted for black so it doesn't look like she not wearing anything underneath. I also made the length to hit just above the knee so it shows some leg, but not too much.

The original inspiration was from this Free People Dress.

Btw what do you guys think about the new layout? I was chatting with a former client yesterday and somehow my blog came of topic. Since she designs website, I said what do you think of my layout? She said..."what's up with the blurred out header with all the girls (me)? It looks like an Asian dating website."  Hahahaha!

6 comments:

  1. I think you're doing such a wonderful job with your sewing! Your friends and family are lucky to have you help them make these custom pieces :) I prefer your new blog layout - very fresh, clean and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baaahahahah your former client was so forward. I wouldn't say that exactly (though the sound of it is quite hilarious) but I always appreciate new layouts that is clean & simple. I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but the name of the blog is written in very plain font; not the same font as the title of your sidebars.

    pingaling - i've missed chatting w/u!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i was more handy and crafy to diy clothes! keep going, i'm sure you're going to be a pro in no time!
    love the new layout! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! at your former client's reaction to your old header!

    I can see how the chevron pattern would be challenging...impressive that you made two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the diy clothing!!

    www.joyyiu.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!