Thursday, April 16, 2015

Macy's (Junior) Review: American Rag + Levi's

Hey ladies! The weekend is almost here! Woo-hoo!! Here's is a quick review on all the stuff I ordered last week during the Macy's end of season sale (or whatever sale it was). They always have sales and I'm sure they will have one this weekend too. I'm definitely not complaining, because I love a good deal. A few items went on deeper discount after I ordered and I called their CS and they were willing to do a price match on the lower sale price so that was awesome too!

1. Levi's Junior Cropped Leggings. (If this link doesn't work, search product code 1864186)  Size 24. These fit amazing and true to size! They are the softest jeans and are so slimming and hug your every curve. They also make your butt look amazing!! They're supposed to fit like cropped leggings, but on me they were more like ankle length. I want these in different colors too! My bf loves his Levi's and I have never had a pair that fit me until I found these. I've been to the Levi flagship store, but the smallest size available is always 25's which are too big, but these in 24 fit so perfect. LOVE!! These are keepers of course!
2. American Rag Hooded Cargo Jacket. Size XXS. This was probably the best fitting utility jacket I've tried. It's not too long or too baggy and it has a drawstring at the waistline to give it shape. You can wear the jacket with the 3/4" roll up tab sleeve (weird length for me), but I prefer it to wear it full length (with the cuff rolled back once since it's a tad too long). I also really liked the lace detail on the placket which makes the jacket a little more feminine. It's also unlined, so it's a nice jacket for spring and summer in SF. This one is also a keeper. 
3. American Rag Lace-Hem Knit Top. Size XXS. I like the longer length and the lace detail at the hem. I disliked that the textured/nubby fabric and that it was super sheer (I'm wearing a cami underneath). The fit is on the looser side which I didn't mind, but the color was a tad too girly for me so this was a return. 
4. American Rag Chambray Button-Down Shirt. Size XXS. The shirt was just too long and big overall. The sleeves were baggy and long and the length of the shirt was more like a tunic than a shirt. This was also a return. 
5. American Rag Crochet-Back Pintuck Top. Size XXS. I love the color, but the cropped length was a definite no go! It made me look really top heavy and hippy! The back was made of a crochet fabric so it is sheer. This was a return. 
6. American Rag Sleeveless Crochet-Knit Tank Top. Size XXS. I love the flowy silhouette and the halter style. I also don't have anything this color and thought it would make a nice addition to my wardrobe. The back is a t-back/racer style so you definitely need to wear a strapless bra. I really like this top and definitely am keeping. 
7. American Rag Cropped Jeans. Size 0. The jeans are so unflattering - the high rise, the baggy leg opening, the thin fabric (you can see the pocket lining)! I mean, I returned these so quick! Bye Felicia! 
8. XOXO Karol Ankle Booties. Size 5.5. These run 1/2 size too big and the material of these shoes look really plastic-y in person. It's really stiff and I can't see it getting soft and worn it. This was also a return. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reviews! I will keep them in mind when I shop. I am short and tiny so the junior section is still part of my stops in stores. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!