Friday, August 6, 2010

Review: Botkier 'Ava' Snake Embossed Metallic Leather Hobo





Images on Right Side from Nordstrom.com
I promised myself that I would wait two weeks before purchasing this bag. I was so excited I couldn't help myself but to go into store and check it out in person. Needless to say, I was dissappointed in everyway!
What I didn't like:
  • leather felt cheap and thin -- looked more like pleather
  • the color was so off from the stock photo!! it's more copper in person than silvery --very cheap looking
  • the bag in person doesn't drape like it does in the stock photo
  • the chain is shorter than I like it to be
  • not worth $645

Verdict: definite no buy!

I think someone had too much fun with the photoshop. The bag in person and the bag in the stock photos are so different. I'd think they're 2 completely different bags. When I asked the sales associate if this bag came in a silvery color, she said this is the only color it comes in!! Anyway, I came across this article this morning and thought it was pretty ironic!

Not Again, Ann Taylor: More Photoshop Gaffes

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha to save themselves some editing time, they should have a casting call that says ~ "calling all anorexics and bulimics! We want YOU in our next campaign! The worse your eating disorder, the better!" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you reviewed this! Sorry it didn't work out :( It's okay :D There are much better bags out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you found it in store so didn't have to fork over the $645 and then be disappointed! I'm sure you'll find something else that's much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that! That bag definitely looks different in person. Let's look it this way..you saved $645.00 bucks today :) For that kind of $$, I am sure you'll find something you'll love. You're wearing sweater in August?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, I liked reading about the Ann Taylor photoshop thing. I think they handled it pretty well.

    Bummer about the bag! I definitely see what you mean about the drape. Drape is really important on leather hobos...and if it feels pleathery and doesn't drape right...then it's pretty much a lost cause. Oh well! Saved your $645 to use on more stuff you'd like better : )

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!