Hi everyone and happy belated Mother's day!
I have a tutorial for you that was requested by a reader who wanted to know how I do my makeup. My daily routine is pretty simple and I wear basically the same thing everyday (maybe sometimes different color eyeshadow color or sans the lashes). I used to experiment with many different skincare + makeup, but I finally found products I really like and have been using them for a few years.
Before I start on the tutorial, I want share with you the skincare products I use in case you're interested. I also want to stress that it's really important for you to have nice smooth hydrated skin or else your makeup will not sit well. If you have dry flaky skin, makeup will only emphasize that and will not cover that up.
My Simple Skincare Routine:
- Sephora's Flawless Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 (for day and night)
- Perricone MD High Potency Eye Treatment
- Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash
- And I exfoliate with a face towel (everyday) when I'm in the shower!
I love my foundation + concealer because I'm a picker (can't help it!).
I have gotten so many compliments about how nice my skin looks and sadly it's not because I have nice skin. It's because my foundation does a wonderful job with making my skin look dewy and blemish free!
2) I then buff the foundation into my face with the Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Heavenly Face. This will make your foundation look so smooth and airbrushed! I never skip this step.
3) I use the same concealer brush to apply the Bobbi Brown Corrector (color light bisque) under my eyes to cover up dark circles. The key to applying concealer is to get very close to the lash line and then gently pat down the concealer with your ring finger.
I don't use a setting powder because both products sit really well throughout the day for me.
5) For blush, I like a very soft pink color to compliment my pale skin. I use Bobbi Brown's pale pink blush and it's been my favorite color for years! It's a very bright pink color, but has a clear base so it's actually not as pigmented as it looks. Apply blush on apples of the cheeks with a sweep upward and then blend down.