Saturday, June 26, 2010

Piperlime & Gap Petite

Sandals by Corso Como at ShopStyle

Piperlime.com

Brand: Corso Como Simone
Color: Camel
Price: $119
Size: 5.5


I have so many pairs of shoes in my closet, but what was lacking is the perfect casual sandal. I wanted a neutral color that I can wear with most of my summer dresses and shorts/skirts. The heel has to be between 2-3" because I hate flats (because it makes me look short) & super high heels (because it's uncomfy to walk in). The search has taken me numerous trips to Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Nine West and many hours of searching the online sites. Finally I settled with this from Piperlime, it's free shipping and free returns so I guess I don't have too much too loose! I read all the reviews and everything said about it seems to be positive.

Has anyone had any experience with this brand before? This is my first pair from Corso Como.


Distressed Denim by Gap at ShopStyle

Gap.com
Always skinny destructed jeans (faded wash)
Size: Petite OO
Price: $19.99

Since I was already ordering from this site, I decided to check out Piperlime's sister sites for some deals and steals. I haven't gotten anything from GAP since middle school and saw they have petite sizes so I took a chance. I don't have any light color jeans in my closet so thought it would be a nice causal addition. All the reviews said these jeans run small. I thought about ordering a 0 but the only size available was 00 or 2. So I'm going to take a chance and try the 00 instead.

I hope I made the right decision.

Is anyone familiar with Gap Petite size?

11 comments:

  1. I need some cute neutral sandals for summer too... I guess flip-flops aren't the most fashionable footwear! I haven't tried that shoe brand before, let us know how you like it.

    As for Gap, I think I did try on one of their petite jeans when they first came out (I forget which), but they were still too large and too long on me, and I haven't really tried since. Also please review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a pair of Corso Como pumps here:

    http://petitegorgeous.blogspot.com/2010/06/gray-and-purple.html

    I also purchased it from Piperlime. This is my third pair of pumps from this brand. I consider myself a pretty loyal customer to them.

    I hope you will like their products as much as I do :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Corso Como! I have a pair of boots and they're so comfortable. They're like Colehaan's with a Nike Air pocket, but it has more care and craftmanship. If I could, I'd get more things from Corso Como.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this brand! But I LOVE those sandals and I'm going to go purchase them right now if they're still left in 5.5...thank you so much for sharing Ping!

    PS - I told Sophia to encourage you to go on twitter to share all these sales and finds and chat random stuff with us : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew...just bought them! I contemplated waiting til Tuesdays for 10% off, but so many sizes were sold out I had to jump on the 5.5. Thanks again for sharing...can't wait for them to arrive : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh - sorry for spamming your blog post, but I just went back and saw that 5.5 was sold out...HUGE sigh of relief, I must've gotten the last pair! I would've kicked myself if I waited til Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PetiteXXS-- I will definitely review the jeans...I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

    PetiteGorgeous-- thanks for sharing, I hope it works out for me too. It's been a long journey to get to these sandals...lol!

    PAG-- haha! I'm glad you got it. Can't wait to see what they look like on both of us.
    Sophia told me about twitter....oh my...that would get be into lots of trouble. I'm bad at multitasking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm not sure about gap petite but i know that their normal sizes are huge. i think the worst is old navy. their 0's fit like 6's .. forever21 is also terrible about their pant sizing. i can be anywhere from a 24 to a 28 depending on the specific item.

    i'll be looking forward to the results! all my jeans are usually way too long and I have to cut off the tatters or tuck something in. Unclassy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh Ping I don't wanna jinx it but I think 99% of the time even size 00 won't work out for us :( With your recent Bebe experience and my Hollister experience.. I really don't know and Gap tends to cater to big people.. but here's hoping!

    Btw - I tried on several size 2 bf jackets and H&M, and they're REALLY fitted!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophia & Angie-- I thought about that but the reviews said the pants run small...so hopefully these are exceptions! haha I know...wishful thinking right.

    Sophia-- What kind of jacket did you get? I want to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post, thanks for sharing
    Searching for the frame petite jeans? Visit our website is that is specially designed to offer a wide variety of petite dresses according to your perceptions. Explore now for more info.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!